Monday, February 16, 2009

roving gypsy boy



I feel like a nomad right now. I have no home all I care about is camera and iPod and computer my only lifeblood’s. Ok fine my camera is the lifeblood I care about. I almost bought a new lens for it today I was so tempted to get another one to futz around with.

I spoke to a friend today for the first time since emailing her every day for the last week. She is someone that is close to me in life and knows who I am. She told me that I sound different maybe I do. Do we all change and grow in different places? I know that in the coming months two of my closest friends are going to have babies and life will never be the same. I met this girl in a pub after she had stole my gay man hat . she talked of life and lovers that she had lost and what she had gained from everyone of them . she seemed to have a real grip on what she wanted in life . I am the one in my family that has chosen the nomadic life style for now. I say Amy and Nicole chose mortgages and bf I choose to be free for now. I am starting to take this traveling thing as it comes and not to get flipped out over small things .ok I don’t get the job on some farm oh well not a biggie there are 184 more to email and find out if i can work there. I’m going to miss the little normality’s of Galway when I leave but i have to keep moving till i find what I’m looking for whatever that maybe ?



ill leave you with the lyrics of jimmy rankin beacause that is how i feel right now !

Roving Gypsy Boy"
By Jimmy Rankin

Autumn leaves are falling
The eagle takes to flight
The open road is a'calling
As day breaks slowly from the night
Day breaks slowly from the night

At the breaking of dawn he stepped to the road
In the soft early morn he stepped lightly
Humming a song to himself surely ode
And all through the day he stepped highly
All through the day he stepped highly

They call him the roving gypsy boy
He'll never choose to stay
They call him the roving gypsy boy
A rambler in his day (x2)

Ten thousand miles away from home
Ten thousand miles or more
Ten thousand miles he chose to roam
Like an eagle he did soar
Coast to coast and shore to shore

He rose up in the east and he set for the west
Travelling the whole world all over
Searching for something that he loved the best
Like a free living gypsy wild rover
A free living gypsy wild rover

They call him the roving gypsy boy
He'll never choose to stay
They call him the roving gypsy boy
A rambler in his day (x2)

He left the high road to live on the low
And all different kinds he met there
Plenty were the good folk
Many were the foe
But they all were his friends when he left there

There's a lot more to gain from this living than wealth
There's a lesson to learn with devotion
Be kind to all others as well as yourself
Or you'll drift like a boat out on the ocean
Drifting like a boat out on the ocean

They call him the roving gypsy boy
He'll never choose to stay
They call him the roving gypsy boy
A rambler in his day (x2)

They call him the roving gypsy boy
He'll never choose to stay
They call him the roving gypsy boy
A rambler in his day
A rambler in his day....

3 comments:

  1. Be Content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.

    Lao Tzu, Chinese philosopher and founder of Taoism (also, very smart old dude).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nomad feeling can be scary but also liberating...

    Hope things go well for you. Sometimes the best adventures are the most unexpected.

    ReplyDelete