Sunday, February 15, 2009

famliys found and lost and created

Hey everyone
So I’ve been here in Galway for just over two weeks. I have come to love this place! I think I well return here when I come back from the yoga center! I know you all must be a little peeved I moved the blog . I had to move it due to a person here that I did not want to have it enough said there ! so Galway is great the people here are wonderful and friendly . I’ve made a few friends one of which made me feel so good yesterday . She works at the market in a flower stall and she walked up to me and said happy V-day Kimberly and hugged me .
There is also a girl who works at the hostel she is so nice and she took me out for coffee one day with her friends. I feel so at home here it is not even funny . i have been lucky enough to have met friendly people here and had wonderful memories .
There is a group of us at the hostel who have come to be a temp family .I have never really had one of these in my travels yet but have been lucky to have found it this time. There is Jamie from aus, rafa from brazil , bee from Quebec and Shane from Ireland . We have gone out a few nights in the last few weeks to the pub or watched movies in the common room together. It is funny how you can make a temp family in strange ways we well keep in touch or lose one another over time . as life goes on they are memories that are kept in my mind forever .


There is welsh guy in the pub who i have seen five times how and just ran into this Moring in the square when going to get 2 euro pasta that was on sale . There is the flower seller name jean who smiles at me and says hi and tells me to keep fighting to work in Galway. She was happy that i got a temp job for a few weeks on the island so that is good. Now when you meet someone in a bar and they want to keep in touch it is are you on face book lol!


I’m getting really excited to go to Claire Island as it the base of grace O’Malley the pirate queen of Ireland who gave Elizabeth the first a run for her money . i well try to update this in the next two weeks if i cant you well have a lot of reading to do in few weeks
Wish me luck and all be seeing you all in few weeks

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear that you're happy :) Go team Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim,
    SOunds like things are improving and also that you are meeting friends - lots of fun. GOod luck with the yoga job - being on an island sounds so fun.
    Take care of yourself and keep happy.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete